Preparing for NBN Migration
Preparing for nbn™ migration
As you may know, from 2020 you will no longer be able to obtain integrated services digital network (ISDN) and public switched telephone network (PSTN) circuits in Australia. This is a major step towards Australia's mass IP-network migration, with an IP core network set to replace all of the outdated legacy technology. Moving to the nbn™ access network is not automatic - the following services will be permanently disconnected if you do not arrange to switch before the advised disconnection date. Services that will be affected are :
- Telstra Home/landline phone services (except some Telstra Velocity lines).
- Home and landline phone services from all other phone companies, where the service is provided over Telstra's copper phone lines.
- All ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ internet services from all providers.
- Telstra BigPond cable internet services.
- Optus cable internet and cable phone services.
- Many organisations have already commenced planning the move to the nbn™ and engaged Counterparts to help avoid some of the complexities and challenges.
As an accredited nbn™ Business Adviser, Counterparts has the knowledge and experience to guide organisations along the journey – from initial planning to a fully managed network solution. We have a team of product, consulting and engineering experts with an intimate knowledge of the nbn™ access network design and its application within the business environment.
As a preferred Business Partner with Macquarie Telecom, Counterparts is extremely well placed to help guide you in your nbn™transition. In addition to providing site qualification information and Ready For Service dates to you in a very short time frame, we can also migrate your existing services from your current carrier with no minimum contract term. Counterparts can manage your migration to nbn™ and importantly, we can arrange to terminate existing services without any Early Termination Charges or fees and there are no additional costs with any delay in transitioning your services.
Your current provider may not be so forthcoming with migration options available to you, so talk to us today and discover how you can achieve a higher performing networking solution at a significantly lower cost.